Your Source for Heart Health CareCome to Metropolitan Cardiology Consultants for comprehensive information and the latest treatment for your cardiovascular conditions. Our physicians, staff and website will help you gain a better understanding of your heart health. You’ll learn ways to prevent illness through healthy lifestyle choices and discover our resources for treating existing conditions through a combination of testing, monitoring and therapies.
Metropolitan Cardiology Consultants is a full service cardiology group practice
of seven cardiologists. We have three convenient locations to serve our patients.
Our practice provides cardiovascular services of the highest quality. All three
of our locations have state-of-the-art nuclear cardiology facilities providing both
exercise and pharmacological stress testing with nuclear imaging. A full range of
diagnostic testing and procedures are available at our locations including echocardiograms,
stress echocardiograms, diagnostic cardiac ultrasound and other peripheral vascular
diagnostic testing, holtor monitoring, pacemaker and AICD interrogations and follow-up.
Invasive and Interventional Cardiac Services such as cardiac catheterization, intracoronary
stenting, balloon angioplasty, atherectomy, rotoblader and peripheral vascular intervention
for the treatment of peripheral vascular disease are offered at area hospitals by
our Board Certified Cardiologists. Pacemaker and biventricular devise implantation,
AICD implantation, electrophysiology services; tilt tables and ablations are also
provided by our practice.
Our practice also provides a wide range of services in Consultative Cardiology and
Preventive Cardiology including coronary risk management, cholesterol and hypertension
management and treatment, non-invasive cardiac testing and the diagnosis, management
and treatment of cardiac rhythm abnormalities. We look forward to serving you and
your cardiovascular care needs.
Practice News & Announcements
Dr. Cary Hirsch is a principal investigator for the following new clinical trials:
- Spirit IV: Trial of a new drug-coated stent, which has potential advantages over existing drug-coated stents.
- Horizon Trial: A study to determine which stents are best to give patients during a heart attack.
- Freedom Trial: A study to determine if stents are as good as bypass surgery for diabetics who have blockages in two or three major arteries.
See Dr. Hirsch’s bio for more information on clinical investigations in which he has participated.
- New Rockland County Office Location: We are pleased to announce that we have a new office location in Rockland County to better serve our patients. Dr. Cary Hirsch and Metropolitan Cardiology Consultants have moved from the Pomona location. We are now located at 257 Lafayette Avenue, Suite 300, Suffern, New York 10901. This new modern office complex and state of the art nuclear cardiology facility is located at the Suffern Medical Pavilion adjacent to Good Samaritan Hospital. Our new telephone number is 845-368-0330. Our new fax number is 845-368-8143. Office hours are 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Metropolitan Cardiology Consultants is pleased to announce the addition of Amala P.
Chirumamilla, M.D. to our group practice. She is Board Certified in Echocardiography, Nuclear
Cardiology and Internal Medicine and is Board Eligible in Cardiovascular Disease. In addition,
Dr. Chirumamilla is Level II certified in both Cardiac CT and Vascular Medicine. Dr.
Chirumamilla is available to see patients at our Rockland County location located at 257
Lafayette Avenue, Suite 300, Suffern, New York 10901. Appointments with Dr. Chirumamilla
can be scheduled by calling 845-368-0330. See the bio for Dr. Chirumamilla for information
regarding her background and training.
- Metropolitan Cardiology Consultants is pleased to announce the addition of Anuj R.
Shah, M.D., F.A.C.C. to our practice. Dr. Shah, an Interventional Cardiologist, is Board
Certified in Cardiovascular Disease, Echocardiography, Nuclear Cardiology, Vascular Ultrasound Interpretation and Internal Medicine and is Board Eligible in Interventional Cardiology. In addition, he is Level II Certified in Coronary CT angiography and ABI/PVR analysis and is a Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI).
Dr. Shah is an expert in catheter based coronary and peripheral interventions including balloon angioplasty, stenting, atherectomy, thrombolysis, IVC filters, cryoplasty and laser of vascular beds such as renal, iliac, femoral, tibial and subclavian vessels. He is also an expert in performing endovenous procedures including laser and radiofrequency guided ablation of Varicose veins.
Dr. Shah is available to see patients at our Rockland County location located at 257 Lafayette Avenue, Suite 300, Suffern, New York 10901. Appointments with Dr. Shah can be scheduled by calling 845-368-0330.
See the bio for Dr. Shah for information regarding his background and training.
|Suffern Medical Pavilion,
257 Lafayette Avenue,
Suffern, NY 10901
Phone: (845) 368-0330
Fax: (845) 368-8143
|Ridgewood, New Jersey |
104 Chestnut Street
Ridgewood, NJ 07450
Phone: (201) 670-4664
Fax: (201) 670-8007
|Goshen, New York|
30 Hatfield Lane, Suite 209
Goshen, NY 10924
Phone: (845) 294-7510
Fax: (845) 294-7982